Quebec Photo Gallery
Morning mist, Lake Manitou, Quebec
Quebec Map 72kb
Quebec Map 28kb
Quebec Map 116kb
Quebec Map (Bottom) 158kb
Complete Category List |
|Animals & Pets (262)
Arts & Crafts (493)
Auto Guide (533)
Community Services (109)
Entertainment & Leisure (1,047)
Events & festivals (102)
Resource Industries (256)
Quebec (French: Québec) is a province of Canada, the largest in size and second to Ontario in population. Predominately French-speaking (French being the official language), Quebec is located in the east of Canada and is situated east of Ontario; to the west of Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island; finally, to the south of the territory of Nunavut. The capital of Quebec is Quebec City, its largest city Montreal. Get in
The newly renovated and expanded Macdonald-Cartier International (airport code More...
Quebec City (French: Québec) is the capital of the province of Quebec in Canada. Located at a commanding position on cliffs overlooking the St. Lawrence Seaway, Quebec City's Old Town is a United Nations World Heritage Site and the only city north of Mexico with its original city walls.
Quebec City fashions itself the "national capital" of Quebec. Much of the business here is of the administrative and bureaucratic nature, which More...
• Abri du voyageur - A warm and friendly hotel for the budget-conscious traveler in downtown Montreal (42 $CDN/ night and more)
• Alternative Hostel, 358, rue Saint-Pierre (metro Place-d'Armes), 514-282-8069 Unique layout and friendly staff in the old area of Montreal; kitchen and laundry facilities. $19/night for a bed in a dorm.
• Armor Manoir Sherbrooke, 157, rue Sherbrooke (metro Sherbrooke). US$ 50-75
• Hotel St-Denis, 1254, rue Saint-Denis (metro Berri-UQAM). US$60 - 150
||Getting In & Around
Montreal's Pierre Elliott Trudeau Airport (airport code: YUL), formerly Dorval Airport, is about half an hour west of the city center on highway 20. Taxi fare to and from downtown is a fixed price of $35 (a sticker on the window behind the driver gives the boundaries of the zone where the flat fare applies; for origins and destinations outside this zone, you will have to pay a metered fare). The Aérobus is a shuttle running from Dorval to a station at 777 de la Gauchetière West about once every half hour from 7AM to 1AM. Tickets are $13. Alternatively, More...
• Cross-country skiing During the winter, many parks offers the possibility to do cross-country skiing with traced paths.
• Parc regional de l'Ile-de-la-Visitation (ski rental available)
• Parc du Mont-Royal (ski rental available and usually the best ski conditions)
• Parc Maisonneuve and Jardin Botanique (no ski rental).
• Year-round ice-skating, 1000, More...
Montreal (French: Montréal) is the cultural capital of Quebec and the main entry point to the province. Once the largest city in Canada, recent years have seen it cede that distinction to Toronto. It remains a city rich in culture and history, has an inordinate number of attractive, fashionably dressed people, and a well-deserved reputation as one of the liveliest cities in North America. Montreal is the second-largest Francophone metro area More...