Toronto Photo Gallery
William Lyon Mackenzie (1910), Queen's Park, Toronto
Toronto Map (Region) 36kb
Toronto West (Long Branch Subdivision) Map 111kb
Toronto West (New Toronto Subdivision) Map 87kb
Toronto - Getting Around
Latitude: 43.61294 to 43.75517
Longitude: -79.28127 to -79.58127
Area code(s): 416
Postal Code(s): M2P, M3H, M3M, M4A, M4B, M4C, M4E, M4G, M4H, M4J, M4K, M4L, M4M, M4N, M4P, M4R, M4S, M4T, M4V, M4W, M4X, M4Y, M5A, M5B, M5C, M5E, M5G, M5H, M5J, M5K, M5L, M5M, M5N, M5P, M5R, M5S, M5T, M5V, M5W, M5X, M6A, M6B, M6C, M6E, M6G, M6H, M6J, M6K, M6L, M6M, M6N, M6P, M6R, M6S, M7A, M7Y, M9M, M9N, M9P, M9W
Toronto has a well maintained and effective public transportation system, the TTC , and you can get pretty well anywhere you want in the main part of the city with the subway / streetcars / buses. Current fares are $2.50 (discounted to $2 if you buy 5 or more tickets or tokens at a time). A day-pass, which allows unlimited travel on the TTC, is available for $8. It allows unlimited* one-day travel after 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 a.m. the next morning. On Saturday and Sunday, and statutory holidays, up to More...
Toronto is Canada's largest city, with a metropolitan population of more than 5 million people. It is the capital of the province of Ontario, Canada's second largest but most populous province.
In the late 1990s the city of Toronto was amalgamated with several surrounding cities and boroughs - Scarborough, North York, More...
Toronto has great tours available. These tours are very affordable ($25-$35) and offer pick up and drop-off from most hotels.
Sites to See
• The CN Tower, located downtown.
• Royal Ontario Museum, located in The Annex.
• Toronto Islands, located downtown. More...
Toronto has ample opportunities for shopping, and nearly any section of the city has unique places to shop and find deals:
• Yonge Street is the longest continuous street in the world. It runs from the edge of the Lake right to just shy of Thunder Bay (on the far shore of Lake Superior). The in-town end is a touristy-shopping district with many restaurants, souvenir and gift shops etc.
• Located a short walk west of the Eaton Centre is the city's fashion district along More...